IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS REGULATION (“THE SETTLEMENT”) BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN “THIS SUMMER, REVEAL YOUR CREATIVITY” (THE “CONTEST”) PRESENTED BY GROUP BEL CANADA INC. (HEREAFTER THE “CONTEST ORGANIZERS”). BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS CONFIRM THAT THEY MEET ALL OF THE CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY SET FORTH BELOW AND THAT THEY AGREE TO RESPECT, WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, THE PRESENT RULES AND SUBMIT TO ALL DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST ORGANIZERS, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING WITHOUT RIGHT OF APPEAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE CONTEST, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THESE RULES.
1. The “THIS SUMMER, REVEAL YOUR CREATIVITY” Contest (the “Contest”) is held by Group Bel Canada INC. (the “Contest Organizers”) and runs on the Internet from midnight (ET) on July 13, 2020 to 11:59 pm (ET) on September 6, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at moment of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, products and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, fathers, mothers), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and agent are domiciled are not eligible.
3. To enter, proceed as follows:
3.1. Visit www.summer.boursin.ca (the “Contest Website”) and follow these steps:
3.1.1. Click on the “Download cookbook” button;
3.1.2. Complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) by providing your first and last name, email address, telephone number and province;
3.1.3. If you wish, check the box confirming that you agree to receive offers and information about Boursin® products;
3.1.4. You must declare to have read and agreed to all terms and conditions of the Contest Rules by checking the corresponding box;
3.1.5. Click the “Download” button.
4. Participants must respect the following restrictions; otherwise, they may be disqualified:
4.1. Only one (1) email address may be used per participant, should the participant have more than one.
4.2. Limit of one (1) prize per participant.
5. There is a total of sixteen (16) prizes to be won during the contest (i.e. two prizes awarded every week), for an approximate total value of $532.8. Each prize consists of one (1) printed Boursin cookbook, for an approximate value of $33.3 each.
6. Weekly draws will be held at the office of the Contest Organizers, located in Montreal, at 9:00 am (ET) on the dates indicated here below. During each of these eight (8) weekly random draws, two (2) entries will be selected among all entries registered for the corresponding Contest week (as described in the table below).
|Contest week||Beginning of the contest week||End of the contest week||Draw for this contest week|
|Contest Week 1||July 13, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||July 19, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||July 20, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 2||July 20, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||July 26, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||July 27, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 3||July 27, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||August 2, 2020, à 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||August 3, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 4||August 3, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||August 9, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||August 10, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 5||August 10, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||August 16, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||August 17, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 6||August 17, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||August 23, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||August 24, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 7||August 24, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||August 30, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||August 31, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
|Contest Week 8||August 31, 2020, at 00:00:01 a.m. (ET)||September 6, 2020, at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)||September 8, 2020, at 09:00:00 a.m. (ET)|
7. Odds of winning.The odds of being selected for a weekly prize depend on the number of entries registered during the current Contest week (as described in the table here above).
9. To be declared a winner, the participant must:
9.1. Be reached by a representative of the Contest Organizers by email within five (5) business days of the draw;
9.2. Complete and sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) sent by email by the Contest Organizers, affirming that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements in these Contest Rules; and, return the signed Declaration Form in the prescribed manner so that the Contest Organizers receive it within two (2) business days of its receipt by the participant;
9.3. Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question on the Declaration Form;
9.4. Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph;
9.5. If the selected participant does not meet the terms and conditions set out in these Contest Rules, refuses to accept the prize, does not provide a correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or fails to complete, sign and/or return the Declaration Form in the deadline indicated by the Contest Organizer, or is otherwise declared non-eligible for the prize for any other reason, this participant will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In such an event, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw for that prize among the remaining eligible entries registered during the same Contest week as per these Contest Rules;
9.6. The winner will receive his/her prize by mail within a maximum of four (4) weeks following receipt of the Declaration Form by the Contest Organizers.
10. Participant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the participant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner
11. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any participant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, voice, place of residence, and/or declaration about the prize for advertising purposes, without any form of remuneration.
The personal information collected from participants in this Contest will only be used for the administration of this Contest, unless the participant has otherwise consented. No communication or correspondence, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be exchanged and/or sent to the participant, other than in accordance with these rules, unless the participant has otherwise agreed.
13. Verification. Entry Forms and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, bearing an incorrect answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or is otherwise non-compliant, shall be rejected and will not be entitled to an entry or a prize, as the case may be.
14. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a participant or to cancel one or several entries of a participant who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other participants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entry forms of the participant and seek damages to the extent permitted by law.
15. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec, if required.
16. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that, for whatever reason, participation in the Contest must be terminate in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with a draw among the entries duly registered up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest to award the remaining prizes.
17. Property. Declaration Forms are property of the Contest Organizers and will not be returned to participants.
18. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules
19. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the portion below.
20. Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
21. Conduct of the Contest. The Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any participant from participating in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network and that could prevent any person from reading the Contest Rules. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
22. Participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
23. Use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any participant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from and against any damage and/or harm resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
24. Prize warranty and prize suppliers. Any participant selected for a prize acknowledges that the only warranty applicable to any prize awarded in the Contest is the standard manufacturer warranty, if applicable, and that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the provider of services and goods related to the prize.
25. Website. The Contest Organizers do not in any way guarantee that access to or use of the Contest Website will be uninterrupted during the contest period, operational or error-free.
26. Contest Organizers’ decisions. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and binding without right of appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
27. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the indicated Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
28. Unenforceability. If a paragraph of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that portion shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected portions will be applied within the limits of the law.
29. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, if a French version is available, the French version shall prevail.