1. The “WIN YOUR BOURSIN VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR” Contest is held by Group Bel Canada Inc. (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the Internet from April 23, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (ET) to May 11, 2022 at 9:00:0 a.m. (ET) (the “Contest Duration”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and who is the holder of an Instagram account at time of entry. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of material and services related to this Contest, and members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries reside are not eligible. To enter the Contest and in order to be notified in case you are selected for a prize, you must ensure that the private messaging functionality of your Instagram account allows you to receive messages from the Contest Organizers.
3. No purchase required. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Duration, visit the Boursin Canada Instagram page and identify in a comment under the Contest post three (3) of your Instagram friends with who you would like to share you Boursin virtual happy hour. By proceeding as aforementioned, you represent that you have read and accepted these Contest rules and you release the Instagram platform with respect to this Contest. Once this is done, you will be get one (1) entry into the Contest. Your entry will be only be valid for the corresponding current Contest period. In total, there are two (2) Contest periods during Contest Duration, which are the following:
|Contest Periods||Corresponding Dates|
|Contest Period 1||April 23, noon. to April 27 9:00 a.m.|
|Contest Period 2||May 7, noon. to May 11 9:00 a.m.|
4. Entry limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
4.1 One entry per person during the Contest Duration. This limit means that if you participate in the Contest during the first Contest Period, you cannot participate in the second Contest Period;
4.2 Use of only one Instagram account per person.
5. In total, there are ten (10) prizes to be won, so five (5) prizes for each of the two (2) Contest Periods. Each prize has an approximate retail value of $120 and consists of a four (4) surprise boxes (approximate retail value of $30 each): one for you and one surprise box for each of your three (3) Instagram friends you have identified. Each box includes everything you need to prepare your own virtual Happy Hour: a Boursin cheese, a pack of crackers, a pack of prosciutto, a bag of dried cranberry, a cocktail syrup and a can of tonic water.
The selection, the brand, the variety and the size of the products included in the box may differ from one box to another, are subject to availabilities and are at the Contest Organizers’ sole discretion. The prizes actually awarded may differ from those shown in the Contest advertising.
6. Odds of winning. The odds of an entry being selected for a prize depend on the number of eligible entries registered during the corresponding Contest Period.
7. There will be two (2) draws; one (1) draw per each Contest Period. The draw for the first Contest period will be held at 12 p.m. (ET) on April 27, 2020 and the draw for the second Contest Period will be held at 12 p.m. (ET) on May 11, 2020. They will be done at the office of the agency in charge of the conduct of the Contest located in Montreal among all eligible entries registered during each Contest Period.
8. To be declared a winner, an entrant selected for a prize must:
8.1 Be reached by private messaging on his/her Instagram account by Contest Organizers’ representatives within two (2) business days of the draw corresponding to the Contest Period during which his/her entry was registered;
8.2 Fill out and sign the exoneration and declaration form that the Contest Organizers will send by email or fax to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules (the “Declaration Form”), and return it by email or fax to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within two (2) business days of its receipt;
8.3 Provide a correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question included in the Declaration Form;
8.4 Provide the Contest Organizers with his/her three (3) friends’ full name and complete mailing address so that the Contest Organizers send them their surprise box on behalf of the winner’s name; and
8.5 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
9. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers will proceed with a new draw for this same Contest Period until an entrant is selected and declared the winner for this prize.
10. Within two (2) days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will inform the winner of how to claim his/her prize.
11. Verification. All document allowing entry into the Contest and the declaration forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
12. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
13. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
14. Acceptance of a Prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the portion below.
15. Prize Substitution. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equal value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
16. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize, including, without limitation, regarding any food allergy.
17. Instagram. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Instagram application will be uninterrupted during the Contest Duration or error-free.
18. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant from entering the Contest: malfunctioning of the application, any computer component, software or communications lines; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty or incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
19. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
20. Termination of Participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system does not work as intended during the Contest Duration for whatever reason or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date of a Contest Period or the Contest Duration as provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or the Contest Duration, as the case may be, or up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest to award the remaining prizes.
21. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
22. Liability limit: entry in Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
23. Authorization. Any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
24. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
25. Personal information. The personal information provided by the entrants about themselves and their three friends for the purposes of the Contest will only be used by the Contest Organizers to administer the Contest and for the sending of the surprise boxes, as the case may be. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
26. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
27. Entrant Identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose is the authorized holder of the Instagram account used to participate in the Contest; it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is declared a winner.
28. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
29. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
30. Unenforceability. If a section of these rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections shall be applied within the limits of the law.
31. Language. In case of a discrepancy between the French version and the English version of these Contest Rules, in the event that a French version is available, the French version shall take precedence.
32. Social Media Platforms. This Contest is not associated to, managed or sponsored by any social media platform, including Instagram application. Any question, comment or complaint regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers and not to a social media platform. Any social media platform used by the entrant to enter the Contest and all affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees of the social media platform are not liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this Contest. However, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the social media platform and releases the Released Parties from and against any damage that could arise from the use of this platform.