IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS REGULATION (“THE SETTLEMENT”) BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN “IRRESISTIBLY CHIC SUMMER!” (THE “CONTEST”) PRESENTED BY GROUP BEL CANADA INC. (HEREUNDER THE “CONTEST ORGANIZERS”). BY ENTERING IN THIS CONTEST, THE PARTICIPANTS CONFIRM THAT THEY MEET ALL OF THE CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY SET FORTH BELOW AND THAT THEY AGREE TO RESPECT WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE PRESENT RULES AND SUBMIT TO ALL DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST ORGANIZERS, WHICH ARE FINAL AND WITHOUT CALL FOR ALL IN THE MATTER OF THE CONTEST, SUBJECT TO ANY OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR IN THESE RULES. TO ENTER THIS CONTEST, YOUR INTERNET BROWSER MUST BE SET TO ACCEPT COOKIES.
1. The “IRRESISTIBLY CHIC SUMMER” Contest (the “Contest”) is held by Group Bel Canada Inc. (the “Contest Organizers”) and runs on the Internet from midnight (ET) July 1st, 2019 to 23:59 pm (ET) September 15, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at moment of entry. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, products and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries are domiciled are not eligible.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
3. To enter, proceed as follows:
3.1. You must purchase a participating Boursin® product among the following products : BOURSIN Garlic & Fine Herbs (150g), BOURSIN Shallot & Chive (150g), BOURSIN Bouquet of Basil & Chive (150g), BOURSIN Cracked Black Pepper (150g), BOURSIN Red Chilli Pepper (150g), BOURSIN Cranberry and Pepper (150g) (the « participating products ») and find the unique PIN Code which appears on the sticker to be cut on the packaging;
3.2. Go to www.summer.boursin.ca (the “Contest Website”), then follow the next steps :
3.2.1. Select your favorite Picnic type and the prize you would like to win between Urban picnic, Country Getaway or Garden party (a brief description will be associated with each type of picnic);
3.2.2. Complete the entry form by providing your last name, first name, email address, telephone number and province (the “Entry Form”);
3.2.3. If you wish, check the box confirming that you agree to receive offers and information about Boursin® products;
3.2.4. You must also declare to have read and agreed to all terms and conditions of the Contest Rules by checking the corresponding box and then click on “Enter my PIN”;
3.2.5. In the corresponding field, enter your PIN code included on the sticker of the participating product, and then click “Validate”.
3.3. Following the step described at the above paragraph 3.2.5, a visual of the contest will appear and a window will open indicating if your participation has been selected for an instant prize.
3.4. If your entry is selected, a window will open showing the prize that you could you win and a 5-minute countdown will begin. You will then have to confirm your name and contact information, provide your address, answer the mathematical skill-testing question and click “Validate” within the allotted time; otherwise, you will lose the prize. In this case, the prize will go back in the pool of available prizes.
No purchase necessary.
4. To enter the contest without purchasing a participating Boursin® product : you must legibly write an original handwritten letter of at least fifty (50) words explaining what a perfect picnic is for you, along with your last name, first name, complete address including postal code and telephone number including area code (“No Purchase Entry Request”). You must sign and mail your letter with sufficient postage to: “Irresistibly Chic Summer!” Contest, 85, Saint-Paul street O., # 120, Montréal (Québec) H2Y 3V4. The letter must be received no later than September 15, 2019; otherwise, it will be null and void. Following receipt and validation of the No Purchase Entry Request, a representative of the Contest Organizers will send you by email a randomly chosen unique PIN code to be used to enter the contest as described at paragraph 3 of these contest rules.
5. Entrants must respect the following limits; otherwise, they may be disqualified:
5.1. Each PIN Code may be used only once;
5.2. Limit of one (1) entry per person per 24-hour period;
5.3. Only one (1) email address may be used per entrant, should an entrant has more than one.
6. There are a total of twenty-five (25) instant prizes to be won during the contest, for an approximate total value of $10 000. Each prize consisting of one (1) picnic set for an approximate total value of $400, chosen by each winner among the following three (3) picnic sets :
Urban picnic Set:
Country Getaway Picnic Set :
Garden Party Picnic Set:
7. The following terms and conditions apply to gift cards and coupons:
7.1. They must be presented at time of transaction;
7.2. They are non-refundable and non-exchangeable for their cash value;
7.3. They cannot be combined with another offer or promotion;
7.4. In case of loss, theft, damage, degradation or non-authorized use, they will not be refunded or replaced;
7.5. They are subject to all other applicable terms, conditions and restrictions set out on them or that may be communicated to the winner by the card issuer or agency designated by the Contest Organizers.
8. Odds of winning. The awarding of a prize is based on an algorithm that determines at random whether the entrant has a winning entry. The odds of winning will vary during the Contest Period based on the number of entrants so that the prizes are awarded throughout the Contest.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
9. To be declared a winner and receive his or her prize, any entrant selected for a prize must:
9.1. Has correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question on the Entry form;
9.2. Complete and sign the declaration form that the Contest Organizers will provide him or her by email to the effect that he or she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules and that he/she exempts the Contest Organizers from all liability (“Declaration Form”) and return it in the manner prescribed to the Contest Organizers;
9.3. In the release form, the winner must confirm which picnic set he/she wishes to receive, namely “Urban picnic”, “Country Getaway” or “Garden Party”, as described in paragraph 6 of this contest rules;
9.4. On request and in a timely manner, provide with an identification card with photograph;
9.5. If a selected entrant fails to meet all the terms and conditions set out in the Contest Rules, refuses the prize, fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, or does not complete, sign or return the Declaration Form in the manner or within the time prescribed by the contest organizers, or if he or she is declared ineligible for the prize in any way whatsoever, then he or she will be disqualified and will not be entitled to the prize. In such event, the Contest Organizers may, in their sole discretion, cancel the prize or randomly select another eligible entrant from the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period;
9.6. The winner will receive his/her prize by mail within a maximum of four (4) weeks following receipt of the Declaration Form by the Contest Organizers;
10.Entrant Identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
11. Authorization. By entering this contest, any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, voice, residence, publication and/or statement of the prize for advertising purposes, without any form of remuneration.
12. Personal information. The personal information collected on entrants in this Contest will only be used for the administration of this Contest, unless the entrant has otherwise consented. No communication or correspondence, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be exchanged and/or sent to the entrant, other than in accordance with these rules, unless the participant has otherwise agreed.
Participation in the Contest
13. Verification. The Entry Forms and the Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry, or a prize, as the case may be.
14. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website or sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, the contest organizers reserve the right to reject the entry forms of the entrant and seek damages to the extent permitted by law.
15. Contest Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of Quebec, if required
16. Termination of Participation in the Contest. In the event that, for whatever reason, the participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, select entrants among the entries duly registered up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest.
17. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not be returned to the entrants.
18. Defective Unique PIN Code. If the packaging of a participating product has a manufacturing defect such that it does not contain a unique code or if the unique code does not comply with this contest rules (e.g. it is impossible to register it due to a printing error) or the unique code does not allow to participate in the contest, the person in possession of a single defective packaging/code may request a new unique code in accordance with paragraph 4 of this contest rules (without however providing with a text of fifty (50) words) and by indicating “defective single code” in his request.
19. Prize Limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
20. Acceptance of Prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the portion below.
21. Substitution of Prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
22. Conduct of the Contest. The Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the “Released Parties”) disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
23. Participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest
24. Use of the Prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from and against any damage and/or harm resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
25. Prize Warranty. Any entrant selected for a prize acknowledges that the only warranty applicable to any merchandise prize awarded in the Contest is the standard manufacturer warranty, if applicable.
26. Website. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest Website will be uninterrupted during the contest period, operational or error-free.
Decision and Litigation
27. Contest Organizers’ Decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of Quebec (the “Régie”) on any issue under its jurisdiction.
28. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
29. Unenforceability. If a paragraph of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that portion shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected portions will be applied within the limits of the law.
30. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, if a French version is available, the French version shall prevail.
31. Gender. The use of only the masculine gender in this document is intended to make the text lighter and indiscriminate.