1. The “WIN YOUR BOURSIN PLATTER” Contest is held by Group Bel Canada Inc. (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the Internet from December 1, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. (ET) to December 11, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of entry. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of material and services related to this Contest, and members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries reside are not eligible. “Cookies” must be accepted to enter the Contest.
No Purchase Necessary.
3. To enter the Contest, visit the Contest microsite at inspiration.boursin.ca (the “Contest Website”) and click on “Enter!” Select the platter that you would like to have among the three proposed profiles: Classic, Elegant or Eccentric. Fill out the electronic entry form (the “Entry Form”) by entering your name, last name, email address, complete address including postal code, telephone number including area code and the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question. You must then declare to have read and accepted all the conditions of the Contest Rules by checking the corresponding box. Subscription to the newsletter is optional. Once these steps are completed, click “Submit” to obtain one entry into the draw. A message will be displayed confirming that you have received one entry in the draw. Please note that once you have submitted your entry, you cannot change the profile that you selected.
4.Entry limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
4.1 One entry per person and email address during the Contest Period; and
4.2 The use of only one email address when an entrant has more than one.
5. Each prize consists of the platter selected by the winner among the three (3) profiles proposed at time of entry: Classic, Elegant or Eccentric. Two (2) platters per profile will be drawn for a total of six (6) prizes. The approximate total value of the six (6) prizes is seven hundred fifty dollars ($750). The prizes actually awarded may differ from those shown in the Contest advertising.
5.1 “The Classic” Platter: This prize, of an approximate value of $125, includes a wooden tray, a Boursin ceramic cheese box, three (3) coupons for free Boursin cheese, cashew nuts, dried cranberries, apple jelly and gourmet crackers.
5.2 “The Elegant” Platter: This prize, of an approximate value of $125, includes a wooden tray, a Boursin ceramic cheese box, three (3) coupons for free Boursin cheese, pistachios, dried figs, balsamic pearls and gourmet crackers.
5.3 “The Eccentric” Platter: This prize, of an approximate value of $125, includes a wooden tray, a Boursin ceramic cheese box, three (3) coupons for free Boursin cheese, pecan nuts, dried apricots, orange spread and gourmet crackers.
6. Odds of winning. The odds of an entry being selected depend on the number of eligible entries registered during the Contest Period.
7. At 12 p.m. (ET) on December 12, 2016, at the office of the agency in charge of the conduct of the Contest located in Montreal, a random draw of two (2) eligible entries per profile, for a total of six (6) eligible entries, will be held among all entries registered for the prize during the Contest Period.
8. To be declared a winner, an entrant selected for a prize must :
8.1 Be reached by phone by Contest Organizers’ representatives within two (2) business days of the draw;
8.2 Fill out and sign the Declaration Form that the Contest Organizers will send by email or fax to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it by email or fax to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within three (3) business days of its receipt; and
8.3 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
9. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers will proceed with a new draw for the profile until an entrant is selected and declared the winner.
10.Within two (2) days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will inform the winner of how to claim his/her prize.
11. Verification. All document allowing entry into the Contest and the declaration forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
12. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
13. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
14. Acceptance of a Prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the portion below.
15. Prize Substitution. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equal value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
16. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize, including, without limitation, regarding any food allergy.
17. Website. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Website will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
18. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant from entering the Contest: malfunctioning of the Website, any computer component, software or communications lines; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty or incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
19. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
20. Termination of Participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system does not work as intended during the Contest Period for whatever reason or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest to award the remaining prizes.
21. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
22. Liability limit: entry in Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
23. Authorization. Any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
24. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
25. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purposes of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
26. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
27. Entrant Identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form; it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is declared a winner.
28. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
29. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
30. Unenforceability. If a section of these rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections shall be applied within the limits of the law.
31. Language. In case of a discrepancy between the French version and the English version of these Contest Rules, in the event that a French version is available, the French version shall take precedence.
32. Social Media Platforms. This Contest is not associated to, managed or sponsored by any social media platform. Any question, comment or complaint regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers and not to a social media platform. Any social media platform used by the entrant to enter the Contest and all affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees of the social media platform are not liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this Contest. However, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the social media platform and releases the Released Parties from and against any damage that could arise from the use of this platform.